facebook twitter pinterest instagram bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Pages

Wednesday 4 May 2016

My Birth Story

Welcome back!
 
As promised I have decided to share a little about my birth story!
 
My third child, a baby girl was born on February 27th 2016,as far as labours go it was fairly textbook, and for me the best birthing experience I have had.
 
I went into hospital on the Friday, the day before she arrived for monitoring, at this point I was 5 days past my due date, the baby was measuring very big and I was having some reduced movements. The decision was made to keep me in over night and induce the following morning. I was admitted and given a bed on a ward, at 9pm Steve went home and i settled down for what I thought would be my final nights rest before the onslaught of nappies and sleepless nights began once again! How wrong i was.... the midwife on duty decided to give an internal examination in the hope things would start on there own over night, well, within 20 minutes I was contracting quite intensely, Steve was called back to the hospital and I was moved to a delivery room, I spent the next two hours having regular contractions fairly close together, we thought she was nearing her grand entrance, I was examined....nope, only 2-3cm dilated!!! frustratingly I was making no progress as far as dilation was concerned and spent the entire night awake in very slow labour!
 
by 7 in the morning I was still only 3cm dilated.....I had never been as frustrated as I was at this point, on the bright side the midwife on duty now was able to break my waters and by 8am everything well and truly kicked off! I had decided to try and do this delivery with little to no pain meds, and at this point I was coping well using gas and air. Our little munchkin decided to flip herself into a back to back position so my contractions were agony, if i'm honest the pain never really subsided at any point, I quickly started to regret my decision to be all earth mother but it was too late! I was still only around 5cm dilated but my body took over and it was almost as if it was pushing for me, I couldn't control it at all, we were assured that this is very common with 3rd time mothers, the body just knows what its doing and takes over, by the time she was nearing her arrival I was exhausted and in so much pain my entire body stiffened, I literally couldn't move my limbs, but it was now that I had to put the work in and push!
Steve and I grow healthy babies, long chunky babies with big heads, and Isabelle was no exception! After 40 minutes of pushing our beautiful girl came into the world!
Isabelle Susie Jade, born at 12:09pm weighing in at a healthy (very healthy) 9lb 12oz!!
I was, and still am besotted with her. I am incredibly proud of myself for delivering her naturally with no pain meds or intervention, after my previous deliveries, one c-section one heavily assisted delivery doing this was so very important to me, it was definitely something I felt the need to do.
Unfortunately I experienced some complications and was rushed to theatre shortly after she was born, I had a post partum haemorrhage,  a second degree tear that needed to be repaired in theatre and to top it off, retained placental tissue!
I was away from her for almost three hours which broke my heart, she enjoyed her skin to skin time with Daddy though and as soon as I was back in my room she was on my chest and latched on for her first feed. I recovered really well and although tired and sore was ready to go home the next afternoon.
Since then I have been in my perfect little bubble with Steve and our three beauties, I feel incredibly blessed!
 
Isabelle is now almost 10 weeks and developing her own sassy little personality, I look forward to sharing more on her development with you!
 
For now, have a wonderful day!
 
Much love,
xoxox
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme