facebook twitter pinterest instagram bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Pages

Friday 27 May 2016

Three Month Old Baby Update!

Welcome back to All About Jemma!
 
Today I'll be sharing a look at my baby girl Isabelle and her development as she turns three months old!
 
 
Isabelle was born on 27th February 2016 so is exactly three months old today! The last three months have absolutely flown by, it feels like I just gave birth, but in the same breath I can't remember life before she arrived!
 
Isabelle was born weighing 9lb 12oz, and although I haven't had her weighed since she was 6 weeks i can tell by just looking at the little chunk that she is growing well, she will next be weighed at her 4 month check. We decided after speaking to our health visitor to not have her weighed between development assessments and trust our own judgement as third time parents.
She moved into her 3-6 month wardrobe around 3-4 weeks ago, like her brothers she is quite long and everything in her 0-3 wardrobe was becoming way too short!
 
She has been smiling since she was a few weeks old and now laughs when funny faces are pulled or crazy noises.....admittedly it's Daddy who gets the most laughs from her!
 
 
She is so alert now and notices noises and things/people moving around her, she recognises different voices and gets excited when she see's people she may have not seen for a while, like her brothers at the end of the school day. She has only slept through the night once, but goes to sleep around 9pm, until 3am when she has a short feed then goes back to sleep until 5am when she will feed again and usually sleep until at least 8/9am. We are still exclusively breastfed and its going fantastically for both of us, we don't have a set routine and I feed on demand, so far it's working well for us, although I am now pumping and storing with a view to introducing a bottle and sippy cup when appropriate, purely because I EBF Harry until he was 11 months, when I tried to wean him I struggled to get him to take anything....lesson learned! I plan to feed her myself until she is around 1year old.
 
Physically she is just like her brothers and developing super quick! The evening before she turned 3 months old she rolled over for the first time! The next day she showed us how she can roll from back to front, and back again.....at three months old! I feel she will be like her brothers and be walking by the time she is 10 months old. She loves being held up on her feet, with us taking most of her weight, and hates being flat on her back, unless she's having naked time, the girl just loves her naked time! 
 
 
 Bathtime is always a bit hit, ive never seen a baby kick and splash so much, she's a little water baby just like her daddy which is just adorable to watch! It's one of our favourite times followed by a massage and tummy time, and lots and lots of chatter!
She is teething and dribbling lots, along with lots and hand and thumb chewing!
 
Overall she is doing wonderfully, and has bought nothing but joy into our family! I will probably share a little update on her every three months here, but if you'd like daily snippets of her cuteness use the links in the sidebar and follow me on Instagram, Facebook and  Twitter, I can also be found on Snap Chat under the username 'Boomtaaa'.
 
Next on All About Jemma will be my baby must haves, for the first three months, things I have loved and found really useful so far!
 
For now,
 
Much Love
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme