facebook twitter pinterest instagram bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Pages

Thursday 26 May 2016

Medela Swing Breast Pump - Review

Hey again!
 
Today I thought I would share a little review on my new favourite toy, my Medela Swing electric breast pump.
 
I'm a third time mummy, my first son I gave up breastfeeding pretty early, my age, lack of confidence and support led to me putting him on bottles within a few weeks. When his brother arrived 22 months later I was determined to breastfeed, that determination paid off and he had breast milk until 11 months, I didn't pump really and struggled to get him off the breast when I was ready for our journey to end.
So, skip forward 7 plus years and we have our third and final baby! As with Harry I am a confident breast feeder, but I do have an excessive supply and would like to have a stash of milk frozen, so that when Isabelle weans she can use a sippy cup but still drink my milk. I did hours of research into pumps, and overall I was drawn towards the Medela, great reviews, seemed easy to use and a great price, I paid just £99.99 for mine direct from Amazon.
(Picture from www.medela.com)
I was instantly impressed with my purchase, the packaging was bright and attractive but simple. I have to admit I was a bit anxious about having an ELECTRIC pump on my boobie, it seemed far more intimidating than the little piranha that is my daughter! But that was short lived, everything was so simple, the instructions were step by step and easy to follow, I was able to assemble with ease and loved that I could plug it into the mains rather than have batteries in it. I'm not that savvy when it comes to technology so something only I was using had to be simple!
Another concern I had was the size of my boobs, they are pretty damn big! I was worried this would be an issue, I shouldn't have at all, I had no problems easily pumping using only one hand, it was overall a very comfortable and rewarding experience.
The various degrees of suction do to a certain extent mimic that of a baby, and obviously do the job, as you can see from the picture below, taken after just half an hour of pumping!
 
 

The only slight negative I would have is that it is a little noisy, not hugely and definitely not enough for me to either stop using the pump or not recommend it.
 
So overall, a great product, worth every penny and ideal for someone not wanting to spend a huge amount of money but still get decent results!
 
Now to just get Isabelle to drink from anything other than mummy!
 
Enjoy the rest of your week!
 
Much Love
xoxox
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme