facebook twitter pinterest instagram bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Pages

Monday 12 March 2018


- Slow cooker Vegetable Balti - 


Happy Monday guys and welcome back!
Today I thought I'd share something a little different for me, its a kind of recipe, although to be honest it's so lazy I shouldn't even call it a recipe, but I'm brazen so I'm going to! This Slow cooker Vegetable Balti using Aldi's Specially Balti sauce is so easy, but delicious, and I love that its a slightly healthier twist on a quick weeknight curry. The sauces are fantastic, and I love that they come with spice pots, it helps me feel like I'm doing more than sticking a jar of sauce on some veg, I've added spices too you know!


I would suggest using a slow cooker, but to be honest you could easily pop it into a big crock pot in the oven or on the hob and just cook for less time. I usually pop mine in my ancient Morphy Richards slow cooker at around 9am, you can pick them up so inexpensively, I got mine here from Amazon for under £35! and allow it to cook on a medium/high heat until 3/4pm......so around 6 or 7 hours.

To create this you'll need the following -

-Two Jars of the Aldi Specially Balti curry sauce.
-Two large sweet potatoes - cubed.
-Two small, or one large butternut squash - cubed.
-One tin of chopped tomatoes.
-One drained tin of chickpeas.
-One small white onion roughly chopped.
-Three cloves of garlic finely chopped.
-Four handfuls of fresh spinach.



Method........
It honestly couldn't be easier, once everything is chopped I simply layer each ingredient, sweet potato, butternut squash, garlic, onions, chick peas and tinned tomatoes into the pot, I don't know if its actually necessary but I always stick the harder veg at the bottom, logic being it needs more heat to cook, I don't know, always works for me anyway!once they're in I pour on both jars of sauce but only ONE of the little spice pots, I don't really stir at this point I just stick the lid on and leave it for about three hours.


Once the three hours has passed I pop back, give it a stir and add the extra spice pot, mixing it in, the lid goes back on and I leave it alone until about 40 minutes before I want to serve. At this point I squeeze on top the washed, fresh spinach, again I don't mix it in as it just falls out, I put the lid on and after 20 minutes or so the spinach has wilted and can be mixed into the curry.


And just like that, its done, you can serve with rice or naan bread depending on what you fancy, we often have a garlic naan along side, its quite a soupy curry so its great to mop up the sauce. This dish also keeps really well in the fridge so its great for lunch the next day!


Thanks so much for reading, please let me know if you give this a go! Id also love to know what meals you cook in your slow cookers, feel free to share your ideas with me!

Don't forget to follow me on all of my social media, just search All About Jemma and you'll find daily pictures and ramblings.
You can also follow our family YouTube channel, The Tizards, we upload a minimum of three videos a week, we absolutely love sharing so id love to see you over there!

Take care my lovelies, 

Much Love 
xoxox







No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme