facebook twitter pinterest instagram bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Pages

Thursday 19 February 2015

Throwback Thursday - Glam Baby and Glam-ma!

Hey Hey!
 
Welcome back, and welcome to my first Throwback Thursday!
 
I've been feeling very nostalgic this week, so thought I would share a picture of the woman I have always idolised, my Nanny!
 
 
This isn't the greatest when it comes to picture quality, but I love it nonetheless. I think I was about 3 or 4 in this, so it was taken in around 87/88. I was rocking the ginger fro, and of course a bow which perfectly coordinated with my dress and no doubt patent shoes!
 
My Nanny unfortunately passed away 8 years ago, but she was totally glam until the day she died! Hair perfect, outfit on point, heals always, and I mean always......her slippers even had a heal! Face pristine and gorgeous nails, then there was the gold, she always wore loads of rings, bracelets and necklaces, I was mesmerised by them! 
 
My favourite memory of her is when I was a little older, I wanted nails just like her, she had a huge stash of false nails, my mum was a total spoil sport though and wouldn't let me have nail glue on my fingers.....how unfair hey?!
Anyway, my Nan took me out into the hall, we hid under the stairs and she had me chewing gum (she didn't do gum), and she stuck each nail on with a tiny piece of the minty sticky stuff, I felt just like my glam nan!
 
It's so fun to sometimes sit and think of happy times and of loved ones, weather they are still with us or not, is it something you enjoy?
 
Share your thoughts and pictures with me, id love to see!
 
for now, have a great rest of the week.
 
See you soon!
 
Much Love,
xoxox
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme